Judging for the 2018 Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards has commenced.
The Awards judging panel includes a selection of experienced business people, with specialist subject knowledge and expertise relevant to the Award Category. The 2018 judges are:
- Gavin Hanrahan – Managing Partner and head of our Business & Commercial Team at Turnbull Hill Lawyers & – Business Growth Centre Board Member
- Jason King – Digital Sales Director at Fairfax Media & Business Growth Centre Board Member
- Peter Hesse – Director at PDH Accounting & Business Growth Centre Board Member
- Kate Cramp – Manager & Business Development at Lake Macquarie City Council
- Cheryl Royle – Hunter based business coach
- Simon Ashley – CEO of Atune Health Centres & Business Growth Centre Board Member
- Jill Hall -Former Member for Shortland – Business Growth Centre Board Member
- Jo Fisher – Business Advisory and Consultant
Prior to judging, the nominated judges for each category will be provided with a list of the businesses who have nominated for that category. Judges will be asked to confirm that they have no connection with or conflict of interest in judging that category. Should there be a connection to a nominee or perceived conflict of interest, the judge will not be eligible to sit on that category panel. All judges will be independent of the sponsors for the Award they are judging. The judging panel’s decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the panel’s decisions. All judges will be required to sign a non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement.
The judges will review all online submissions and the samples provided. Judges may choose to call entrants to an interview to expand on answers provided. For some categories including Excellence in Customer Service, the judges will conduct ‘mystery shopper’ activities to further assess the entrant.
The judging criteria for each Award Category can be found on the Enter the Awards page.