Small business (less than 20 employees or full time equivalent)
This Award recognises demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of workplace health and safety outcomes through the creation and continuation of an outstanding work safety culture.
An outstanding safety culture is created through leadership, workforce engagement and training; and reinforced across the organisation using the following:
- Robust safety systems with cooperation and collaboration at all stages of the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated behaviour and workforce engagement
- Symbols such as recognition programs, awareness campaigns and risk management
If your entry progresses to a site visit (finalists), the visiting inspector may request to:
- Interview workers and management about your safety culture
- See evidence of control measures in place
- Review claims or incident/injury data for at least the previous 12 months
- See evidence of work health and safety reporting and consultation
- Any other evidence to show a strong organisational safety culture.
Download the Word Document here before uploading your submission.