- I am aged 36 years and over at the time of entry
- I am not a Business Growth Centre Staff Member, Regional Advisory Councillor, State Councillor or Board Member.
- I am not an employee of the Business Growth Centre
- I am not staff or Executive Committee members of a Local Chamber
- The Business Growth Centre judges are ineligible to enter into this category for the current year and the consecutive year following the year in which they judged.
- If you are applying on behalf of someone else you must have their permission to enter this award category.
The Business Person of the Year Award recognises individuals who demonstrate outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, strategic business thinking and are regarded as leaders in their field. This Award also acknowledges and celebrates the personal and generous contributions by a Business Person and the difference their involvement makes to the local community. Individuals entering into this category can be self-employed or employed by a business.
The general public is welcome to nominate a person they think is deserving of this prestigious Award.
The judges will consider:
- The nature and extent of the personal contribution by the nominee to the business community
- The nature and extent of the personal contribution by the nominee to the community at large
- Demonstrated ability to overcome challenges
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Download the word document here before uploading your submission.